Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

NATIONAL POETRY MONTH

Last year for National Poetry Month I posted pictures of poems on my instagram, looking for interesting short little pieces of poems that could fit in the square format of the instagram feed.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Eileen Myles, Snowflake


Eduardo C. Corral, Slow Lightning
This year I'm doing the same thing, but different. I'm going to write the poem/lines up myself, maybe with a little illustration, and then post them, where ever I am, in real life. I'll be using Label 228s and they'll be mostly going up in Durango Colorado, but if I happen to be somewhere else, that's where they'll be posted. I'm going to be sourcing most of the poems from the internet, giving links to the original work. I'll also post pictures of the posts to the internet via my tumblr and my instagram.

This is what they will look like in the wild/this is the first post (I know, not an totally an internet poem, but it's so so good and you can hear Abraham Smith read the poem here):

Abraham Smith, Whim Man Mammon

I'm doing these mostly day-to-day, so I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow (probably something from this by Mark Cugini) and if you want a poem to be featured, you can nominate it through my twitter account. Just @ me with a link and I'll check it out.

No comments: